I found the simple living pledge at Kanelstrand: Simple Living for Human Beings and think it’s a fantastic idea! I’m mired in a house full of unnecessary stuff and it’s choking the life & spirit right out of me. Honestly, I had started a post titled Drowning in Success, which was based on my accumulation o’ crap. No I’m not a hoarder but it’s not for lack of desire…. Here’s the information on the simple living pledge. Check out the link above to take the pledge yourself!
- Identifying what is most important for you and eliminating everything else.
- Freeing up time for doing what inspires you and being with the people you love.
- Decluttering your mind, your everyday life and your virtual life.
- Single-tasking and learning to diminish stress.
- Striving to live frugally by wanting less and buying only what is necessary.
- Slowing down and being actively present in the moment.
- Living a healthy life, including cleaning your home and your body, eating, exercising and thinking.
- Striving to be green and sustainable as much as your surroundings allow.
- Enjoying the simple pleasures of life.
- Simplifying your goals, tasks and expectations.
Anyone – regardless of age, nationality or language. You don’t need to have a blog or website to sign the pledge. The only thing you need is willingness to live a better, simpler life.